Hotel Improvement Program
The Hotel Improvement Program (HIP) is a grant program for hotels/motels, inns, or bed and breakfasts located in the Hollywood CRA Districts. It provides a 33% reimbursement grant up to $250,000 or 20% of the assessed value, whichever is lower, for comprehensive fixed capital improvements to both the interior and exterior of the property.
The Hotel Improvement Program includes any fixed improvements to the interior and exterior of the property. The following list contains items that may be considered within the scope of work:
- Exterior painting and stucco
- Lighting (must be sea turtle friendly, if applicable)
- Exterior thin cladding materials
- Paving parking areas, walkways, or patios (visible from the right-of-way)
- Impact-resistant windows and doors
- Air-conditioning (central air or mini-splits - if converting from window units currently visible from public right-of-way)
- Roof repair or replacement (visible from the right-of-way)
- Structural repair - if done in conjunction with an eligible improvement (i.e. impact windows or storefront windows on a commercial property)
- Electrical work - if done in conjunction with an eligible improvement (i.e. exterior lighting [turtle friendly if applicable] or illuminated signage)
- Plumbing work (i.e. landscape irrigation for landscape visible from the right-of-way)
- Covers for window/wall A/C units
- Trellis and shade structures
- Other significant exterior architectural elements
- Interior finishes including flooring and paint
- Bathroom fixtures
- Kitchen fixtures
- Non impact-resistant windows
- Hurricane shutters
- Removal of historic architectural elements
- Anything not visible from the right-of-way (pool decks, rear patios, etc.)
- Non-fixed improvements (furniture, planters, etc.)
Terms and Conditions
Grants are limited to property or business owners within the Beach and Downtown Districts of the CRA. Program funding is contingent upon an annual appropriation by the CRA. The CRA reserves the right to cancel this program at any time, prior to grant approval, without notice, if sufficient funds are determined unavailable. The CRA retains the right to display and advertise properties that receive HIP funding.
The Grant Resource Package contains all applicable documents, resources, and sample forms needed to complete the application. The beginning of the package contains the HIP, PIP, and POP Checklists; these checklists state all documents included in the grant applications.
After downloading and reviewing the documents, please reach out to Christopher Crocitto at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or if you need assistance obtaining or filling out any documents.