Property Improvement Program
The Property Improvement Program (PIP) is a grant program for buildings located in the Hollywood CRA Districts. It provides a 50% reimbursement grant up to $50,000 for comprehensive fixed capital improvements to the property. The intent of the program is to encourage property and business owners to restore, renovate and improve their property, thereby improving the area's visual quality and attractiveness, and increasing property values.
- Commercial properties (applicant may be the building owner or a tenant with owner's approval)
- Multi-Family properties
- Condominiums (work on exterior or common areas only)
- Single Family properties (Downtown CRA District only, up to $25,000)
The PIP grant includes any fixed improvements to the exterior of the property. Minor interior work may be included as part of a comprehensive exterior renovation. The following list contains items that may be considered within the scope of work:
- Exterior painting
- Exterior Lighting
- Paving parking areas, walkways, or patios
- Impact-resistant windows and doors
- Air-conditioning (central air only - if converting from window units currently visible from public right-of-way)
- Roof repair or replacement (if visible from public right-of-way)
- Structural repair
- Concrete restoration
- Electrical work
- Plumbing work
- Non impact-resistant windows
- Hurricane shutters
- Outdoor Furniture
Terms and Conditions
Grants are limited to property or business owners within the Beach and Downtown Districts of the CRA. Program funding is contingent upon an annual appropriation by the CRA. The CRA reserves the right to cancel this program at any time, prior to grant approval, without notice, if sufficient funds are determined unavailable. The CRA retains the right to display and advertise properties which receive PIP funding.
The Grant Resource Package contains all applicable documents, resources, and sample forms needed to complete the application. The beginning of the package contains the HIP, PIP, and POP Checklists; these checklists state all documents included in the grant applications.
After downloading and reviewing the documents, please reach out to Christopher Crocitto at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or if you need assistance obtaining or filling out any documents.