Mural Only Program
The Mural Only Program (MOP) is a reimbursement grant program that utilizes tax increment funds to leverage private investment for on-site property enhancements. The MOP utilizes an application process and offers a 50% reimbursement grant up to a maximum reimbursement amount of $10,000 per property for costs associated with the creation and installation of a painted or mosaic mural, including design, labor, materials and equipment, on the exterior surface of buildings and structures located within the CRA Districts. Additionally,
- The MOP does not require the applicant to attend the pre-application workshop
- The receipt of a MOP grant will not preclude the applicant from applying for or receiving other grants offered by the CRA
- The receipt of a previous CRA grant, does not preclude an applicant from applying for or receiving a MOP grant
- A property may apply for and receive a MOP grant once every three years
- Both painted and mosaic mural applications will be permitted and eligible for grant funding in the Downtown District of the CRA
- Painted murals must also include a ultraviolet fade resistant clear coat; and
- Only mosaic mural applications will be permitted and eligible for grant funding in the Beach District of the CRA
- Funding will be available to properties located in the Beach and Downtown Districts of the CRA
Terms and Conditions
Grants are limited to property or business owners within the Beach and Downtown Districts of the CRA. Program funding is contingent upon an annual appropriation by the CRA. The CRA reserves the right to cancel this program at any time, prior to grant approval, without notice, if sufficient funds are determined unavailable. The CRA retains the right to display and advertise properties that receive MOP funding.
Insurance Requirements for MOP
Recipient and or the Recipient's contractor(s) with four or more employees shall carry worker's compensation insurance to cover all workers involved in the project. Recipient shall maintain, at its own expense, General Liability Insurance covering the subject property and the resultant uses thereof in the amount of $1,000,000.00 and will maintain property damage coverage for a minimum of $100,000.00 the premium of which shall be paid prior to execution of this Agreement. Said insurance shall name the CRA as an additional insured; and shall provide that the CRA will receive notice of any cancellation or change in coverage. Recipient shall furnish CRA with certificates of Insurance. Any lapse of this coverage during this period of the Agreement shall be grounds for termination of the Agreement by the CRA.