Call to Artists - Sidewalk Art
The Community Redevelopment Agency of Hollywood, Florida (CRA), is currently seeking design proposals from artists who are interested in transforming Downtown Hollywood sidewalks into works of interactive art!
Entry requirements and other details are as follows:
- The design should be interactive. For example, the design could be a game or a 3-d image that will entice visitors to Downtown Hollywood to interact with it.
- Artist or artist team will be required to paint the design on the sidewalk.
- This project is functional public art and will serve the purpose of providing a safe and beautiful sidewalk enhancement.
- Each artist or artist team may only submit one design for consideration.
Artists are strongly encouraged to visit the proposed project site for each of the four sidewalks.
- Tyler Street between 19th & 20th Avenues (north side of street)
- Tyler Street between 19th & 20th Avenues (south side of street)
- Tyler Street between 20th & 21st Avenues (north side of street)
- Tyler Street between 20th & 21st Avenues (south side of street)
The winning artist or artist team will each receive a payment of $5,000.00 for the purchase and use of their artwork, as well as the painting of the artwork.
This project is open to all artists 18 years of age and older.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: Friday, January 29, 2021
How to Apply
Each applicant may only submit one design for consideration.
The Downtown Hollywood Mural Review Committee will review all submitted applications and make selections. Criteria are based on artistic excellence, creativity, and adherence to the entry requirements.
Deadline for submission of applications: Friday, January 29, 2021. Winning applicants will be contacted by Friday, February 26, 2021.
Winners will need to sign an agreement to utilize selected artwork.
If you have questions or need additional information please contact:
Hollywood, Florida Community Redevelopment Agency
1948 Harrison Street
Hollywood, FL 33020